Here is my unbiological sisters + biological one
Hello people! Today I am going to be talking about my only hobby I really like and have right now. Is dance a hobby or a job?
I think I have danced for like 11 years now. Last 5 or 6 years in a group that goes to competitions. Dance has been my favourite hobby for a quite long time. It is my favourite hobby not only because you can express your feelings without saying a single word but because you can do nearly everything you want without someone saying it is wrong to do so. You can do so many moves, you can dance to many different songs et cetera. It is upto you or to be honest it is upto your dance teacher but if you do solos you can decide it yourself! Dance is a hobby to me and I do not think I could never be able to consider dance as my job but you never know, times change. Sometimes it is a bit hard to go to the studio and I have had this "problem" for a long time but when I am at the studio I have so much fun. I love our group. We are like unbiological sisters + biological sister! There is 8 of us and my little sister is in the same group. It is really weird!
During my dance "career" I cannot really call it a career but oh well. During the days I have danced I have been to many dance studios and schools. I have been to baby latin dance at StepUp. Then I have been to DCA which is one of the biggest dance schools in Finland. I only were there for about a year I think. I have also been to VihtiGym. At VihtiGym I danced for about three years I think. Between those years I have been to Nummelan Tanssistudio where I am currently at as well.
World championship group
What is the dance style I do? Showdance it is! A choreography does not have to have a story but the story makes it more fun to watch! So in showdance you tell a story by dancing, wearing different clothes that kind of hold the story together and expressions help with telling the story. Showdance can be a mixture of different dance styles or it can only have one. Hip Hop, Jazz et cetera. And the most important thing to say is that dance indeed is a sport! Some people have been saying that it is not but believe me it is.
This is where the competition in Germany was held
We have been to competitions around Finland. We have gotten medals, we have lost but the most important thing is that we have had fun! We went to Germany last year in November to showdance World championships. We competed in a category called large productions. It means that you have over 20 dancers in one dance, you tell a story and the dance is about 8 minutes long! We came 4th! It was one of the coolest things ever! This year we have been to 2 competitions and we have gotten 1 cold and 1 silver medal so far. Even though those might be the only medals we will get this season dancing is fun and it is amazing perform to people and most important thing is that I can spend time with my unbiological sisters + biological sista. -Jasmin



Comments